World Patient Safety Day 17 September 2020
- Theme: Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety
- Slogan: ‘Safe health workers, Safe patients'
- Call for action: “Speak up for health worker safety!”
The objective of World Patient Safety Day 2020 is to raise global awareness about the importance of health worker safety and the need for a holistic approach to patient safety.
WHO is requesting WONCA to send two pre-recorded video messages of up to 3 minutes each
Now, we invite you to:
1. Share picture from your practice to show triage,' clean' and 'dirty' circuit for patients in clinics, combined with telemedicine to reduce risks for fragile patients, and at the same time visiting patients, if needed for physical exploration or tests in the office, and delivering home visits or in social-health residences in a safety way (video 1).
2. Explain your daily work and encourage health workers safety on video, especially from Low and Middle Income Countries (video 2):
You are requested to send a short video, preferably in your work setting, reflecting the following:
1. In the context of COVID-19 and beyond, what challenges are health workers facing?
2. What does the slogan ‘Safe health workers, Safe patients’ mean to you?
3. In your opinion, what needs to be done to address the situation and improve health worker safety and patient safety?
4. In the end, calling for action and to: ‘Speak up for health worker safety!’
Please share your contributions with email@example.com by using Google Drive, Dropbox or send us a Wetransfer link.