#6 Person-Centered Primary Care (PCPC)
EQuiP Working Group on Person-Centered Primary Care
By Jan van Lieshout (The Netherlands)
EQuiP Working Group Leader on Person-Centered Primary Care
The main objective of the project 'Person-Centered Care and its Outcomes in Different European Countries' is to:
- Investigate and compare the patient perception of patient-centeredness in different European countries
- Assess patient, practice and physician factors that influence the level of patient-centeredness
- Relate patient centeredness to outcomes of care
This project draft is the product of the EQuiP PCPC group's work and discussions at EQuiP meetings as well as three workshops:
- van Lieshout J, Petricek G, Klemenc Ketis Z, Ozvacic Adzic Z. Doctor’s perspective on person-centeredness in primary care. 3rd EQuiP European Conference (Bratislava, Slovakia 2018).
- van Lieshout J, Petriček G, Tsimtsiou Z, Klemenc Ketiš Z, Ožvačić Adžić Z, Cerovečki V: Patient enablement through person-centered care. 4th EQuiP European Conference (Thessaloniki, Greece 2019)
- van Lieshout J, Petricek G, Klemenc Ketis Z, Ozvacic Adzic Z. Doctor’s perspective on person-centeredness in primary care. 23rd WONCA Europe Conference (Kraków, Poland 2018).
During the last, 88th European General Practice Research Network - the EGPRN - Meeting (Tampere, Finland May 2019), EQuiP invited EGPRN for collaboration in this study, which replied positively, stated person-centeredness in primary care a good topic for collaboration (for now interest came from representatives from Austria, Ireland, Norway, Switzerland, Hungary, and Spain).
We would kindly ask you to participate in this project. If you want to participate please send to us the confirmation e-mail and we will include you in our Working Group officially.
Best regards on behalf of Person-Centered Primary Care Working Group,
Jan van Lieshout (Working Group Leader)
Zlata Ožvačić Adžić
Venija Cerovečki Nekić
Media and Resources
- Please read the 53rd EQuiP Assembly Meeting Working Group Report (2018)